Our policies related to behavior guidance are outlined below and a copy of our complete policy may be downloaded here.
It is our policy that:
- Each child will be provided with a positive model of acceptable behavior;
- Behavior guidance will be tailored to the developmental level of the child involved;
- Children and groups will be redirected away from problems toward constructive activity in order to reduce conflict
- Children will be taught how to use acceptable alternatives to problem behavior in order to reduce conflict
- The safety of children and staff persons will be protected
- Staff will provide immediate and directly related consequences for a child's unacceptable behavior.
- Absolutely no form of verbal or physical punishment will be used.
- Threats or derogatory remarks are never used.
- Food will never be withheld or threatened to be with held as a form of punishment.